четверг, 14 января 2010 г.

The door shakes under his angered fist, “Let me in”.

Scrambling I slam my laptop closed and scan the room to hide anything incriminating and then rush to the door. It creaks open as I attempt to open it only enough so that we can talk.

“Get out here, right now.”

My legs weaken beneath me at the sound of his voice and I attempt to move as fast as possible.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing!?” His eyes sparkle in anger. “Get down. I said get down” The wall behind me slides against my back but my legs do not allow me to sit down. I stay there, cowered up against the wall. More yelling. More accusing. “If you don’t get down on the floor right now i’ll make you do it myself” his hand rushes out towards my face and the bottle in his hand sends a cold shiver down my spine as it makes contact with my face. My knees finally listen to my mind and I fall to the floor.

“Follow me, bitch” He saunters back into my room as I crawl timidly behind him. “Who the hell do you think you are?” he bellows out “you think you can just pick and choose what you tell me? You’ve always thought you were one step ahead of me, didn’t you? You’re not and you never will be.”

My stomach churns as defiance builds up. Past arguments flash through my mind.

No more.

NO MORE.

I grab the invitation and slam it in front of him. His eyes slowly lift back up to my face, now bloodshot in anger.

“start packing” he yells out.

“No.” An attempt at being confident but filled with fear. I stand up wondering how long it will take him to beat me back down to the floor. I rush down the stairs and clasp my phone, knowing it is my only hope of making it out.

Get help. Quick, he’s coming. I scramble to unlock the front door *click*. The fresh air hits me and the houses in front of blur in my mind as I try to figure out who is my safest option. The cold and damp cement hits my feet as I dart to the *****’s house. *ding dong* I ring the bell.

Oh no, he’s going to find me. Quick. Please, just open the door quickly I silently beg while ducking behind a plant the size of a toddler. The door opens in unison with our home’s door. I glance up and know he has made the connection. Rushing inside I scream at her to lock the door while hearing him “yell out my name and tell me that I will never get away”

“my dad, my dad…Mrs. *****, he’s going to hurt me. help me”

*beep beep beep*

The tears stream down my face as I groggily roll over.

She looks at me, slowly taking in what I have told her.

*beep beep beep*

I roll over again, this time reaching my hand up to my face to be moistened  by the tears.

*beep beep beep*

“honey, are you getting up?” My mums voice startles me awake.

My head struggles to grasp onto reality as the dream whizzes through my mind.

where is he? what just happened?

My head begins to pound as I attempt to sort through what just happened because sometimes, dreams feel a little too close to reality.



[Via http://silencednolonger.wordpress.com]

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий