суббота, 20 февраля 2010 г.

Book Excerpts

I was just doing the big weekly management telephone call with Nathan and he suggested that I use some of my down time to post excerpts of my various books back on the Internet once again and I agree. I will get on that this weekend. This time I think that I will post some of my favorite excerpts from my books as opposed to the entire book or an entire chapter or two as an example.  I will post them here once I get done with my fun cancer treatment sessions today. I do mine in the early morning hours and then I try and sleep during the day. I have a few choice selections in mind already which are entertaining and also have some level of depth to them as well.

Side note:

I have received emails from some of the many people that read my books, watch my videos, and sometimes read my blog asking me about this cancer situation and the most common question seems to be whether or not I am scared. The answer is that I am not scared per-se but rather that I am deeply worried for my son that I could die before he gets to know me fully and enjoy growing up with me. That weighs heavily on my mind of course and I am deeply worried about that. I have not hit being scared yet, but I have hit the shocked stage, the anger stage, and I guess right now I am in the I WILL SURVIVE mode.  I also seem to drift in and out of denial as well in that I often mentally remove myself from the actual treatments as if I am just there to observe how it might be if someone I knew had cancer as opposed to me having cancer myself and it helps me to keep it all in between the lines.  I sometimes think of odd things such as a lone fence post in the middle of a field on a cold winter and windy day. The fence post is clearly weathered and yet it is still standing there as it was since day one. I am not sure why I think of that, but I do.

Anyway…I will add some book excerpts here after my wife brings me my books and my memory stick since I don’t own this laptop that I am now using.

[Via http://jordansageblog.wordpress.com]

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий